Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Conky for system monitoring

I wanted a tool to show system monitoring for my desktop but not to consume a lot of resources. Goggling around I found Conky.
Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any information on your desktop. Conky can display just about anything, either on your root desktop or in its own window by using scripts and other external programs. Conky has more than 250 built in objects, including support for a plethora of OS stats  Conky can display this info either as text, or using simple progress bars and graph widgets, with different fonts and colours.
Internet is full of examples as well as a wiki page

Below the system monitoring I created based on my needs.





Many examples in the following pages :

No comments: